The Pikotek PGE is a non-critical service gasket designed for electrical flange isolation and/or general sealing applications. This gasket is suitable for use in raised-face flanges up to ANSI class 600 (or equivalent) and is excellent for isolating flanges made of dissimilar metals or where prevention of flange face corrosion is desired. The design of the Pikotek PGE gasket incorporates patented overlapping and offsetting seal grooves. The purpose of this design is to break each layer of laminate within the gasket itself thereby creating a barrier through which fluid and/or gas cannot migrate. The sealing element can be any elastomeric material as well as more sophisticated Spring-Energized Teflon lip seals. As a result of this advanced gasket design, maintenance free flange isolation and flange face corrosion mitigation are achieved economically.
The PGE retainer is constructed of very rigid Glass-Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) laminates, which exhibit excellent dielectric strength, high compressive strength and superior sealing characteristics.
Benefits and Advantages of PGE Flange Insulating Sets:
- Superior sealing solution for low-pressure (class 150 and 300) service.
- Pressure activated seals provides high confidence sealing.
- High strength laminate material resists failure due to excess compression (i.e., over tightening bolts).
- Overlapping Seal grooves eliminate potential leak/weep path in laminate material and provide stronger structural integrity versus opposing seal designs.
- Reinforced laminate retainer material provides excellent insulation for cathodic protection systems.
- Insulating Kits always include high strength double washers and full-length sleeves for maximum assurance.
- Gasket retainer is sized to the bore and protects Flanges from media-induced corrosion and flow-induced erosion.
- Mitigates galvanic corrosion in dissimilar metal flanges.
- Developed from proven Pikotek sealing technology.
- Spring energized Teflon seal provides radial load and encapsulation in the seal groove eliminates cold flow. This seal truly distinguishes the PGE for all other sealing systems.
- Also available with a variety of o-ring seals
- Easy installation, make up and removal
- Sealing systems results in low required bolt loads
- Self aligning